Look, what can I say? Some days are harder than others. Mostly not because there is anything in that day to make it harder, but just because I’m not in the right head space. I started to get a feeling that I was struggling…
- When we had a friend come to visit and the kids all but beg to go home with him. Thank the heavens, he took them 🙂
- When the dog sees me she folds her ears down and fades into the shadows.
- When I’m scraping caked on porridge out of breakfast bowls at 4:30pm.
- When it takes a full 2 hours of meditation, yoga and music to ground, centre and pull my cranky self out of the funk I’ve landed in.
- When I almost completely lose my sense of humour and any capacity for irony. God forbid someone tries to crack a joke, make a jibe or poke fun.
- When I think I’ve got it sorted, and I’m starting to feel kinda normal, the least irritation sends me off the deep end. Again.
Sigh. Back to the drawing board.
How do you know when you’re struggling?